Wow! I can’t believe I haven’t posted since February of this year (O.O)
So much has happened this year, which has turned our little world up-Side-Down…
- After my last post:
- and my son’s amazing break through, I started working ~yAy~
- Sad to say I am not yet in the field of counseling,
- but I am using my behavior modification education to train up a few more than my Zuko… including Zuko it is 2-4 lil ones at a time
- A college friend of mine needed a nanny, so we have been helping each other out.
- It is nice b/c my schedule is flexible, so I can be w/ Zuko before and after school
- and I get my little girl fix, w/ this little Rae of Sunshine and sometimes her brother too.
- Zuko and I have started going to a new church
- Yes, i know it took forever to find the last one, but I wasn’t growing in my walk w/ God
- My Aunt invited me to a small church started by a pastor/family friend… long story short >>> the teaching has been deep and causes me to think and grow in my convictions
- Zuko and I have become more involved in our community
- We have gone on 1 local missions trip. Yes I said local… but in another city. I will most def share that experience soon.
- we have also been putting to practice “a heart of service” our new little church likes to close for 1 Sunday and instead of going to church >> we become the Church! We go to different areas in our community and volunteer our time. It has been such a blessing, and not only is Zuko learning to be a Doer of God’s Word >> so am I!
- and then… 1 Month after I started nannying… Zuko’s and my world went Krazy PINK!
- My great-niece came to live with us
- She is the most sweetest and girliest of girls, but also very strong willed!!! She turned 2 a week after she came to live with us, and she has already had a very eventful life.
- we had to baby proof again, just 1 month after I took down all my baby proof items and gave away my boxes of hopeful baby/toddler supplies (I haven’t given up on marriage etc.. but I am not focused on it as I once was… I am becoming content with the possibility of my singleness being in God’s plan and not having a large family…)
- the house soon became filled with pink and purple frills, baby dolls, purses, and little girl cheers and laughter
- as well as the many strong willed child terrible 2s fits and then some…. I thought I was going to go crazy with some of the issues we had to deal with, and my patience was stretched further than I have ever experienced. (I know I am not a patient person, I have been praying for it ever since Zuko turned his terrorizing 3s… What is the saying?? “Be mindful of what you pray for, because you might just get it” LOL)
- Zuko had a difficult time sharing me, but when the day came that her daddy was able to take her home with him… Zuko missed her giggly girlieness in our home, and he actually cried. It was so sweet ❤
- Thankfully/Stressfully we get custody of her on weekends. (We almost were able to adopt her, which we were hoping) We love having her, but I am a bit unnerved that all the hard work of giving her boundaries and stability are out the door. I have to start over every weekend I get her…. grrrr It is difficult b/c as soon as she gets back in the swing of things, she goes back to her daddy and he gives in to her will all over again =/ How ~oh How did I get a baby daddy in my life.. LOL
- A few weeks ago I turned 1 yr older!
- Yup, I am moving on down that hill… I hope it isn’t too steep, I kind of want to savor it =)
- Zuko started playing piano again; which he loves but also loves to hate.
- We quit Boyscouts (yet again) but would like to keep trying once we find a pack that best fits our busy schedule.
- Zuko also moved up to the next grade and graduated out of his last class w/ Above Average Scores in the Star Testing! I am so proud of him =D These test scores are another testament to the mentoring his Big Brother “Hot Big Brother” provides, and that he is truly over and has matured from the heart break from my horrible moment of dating…
I have learned so much from these experience, which I would like to blog about (hopefully soon) as well as our adventures with Princess JoJo.
The main thing I learned is how much God has nurtured Zuko and I. In this year, He provided for our physical needs as well as our emotional. We have both grown in our relationship with the Lord, therefore our lives are taking a new turn in an old direction (more of that later, too)